Grace Hospice Minneapolis, MN
If you are seeking a career that puts you in a position to change the world, one life at a time, you have come to the right place. At Grace Hospice we offer professional care with a personal touch by focusing on the patients and families, not the disease, while emphasizing quality of life and dignity. We have built our nonprofit Hospice Agency by going back to the original roots of hospice care reach in spiritual, emotional and physical care for those at their end of life. We are an equal opportunity, drug free organization striving for excellence while offering competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
Position Summary: As a Licensed Practical Nurse, you will function under the supervision of the RN Case Manager and Hospice Clinical Director as part of an interdisciplinary team. The Licensed Practical Nurse will perform patient visits as assigned by the RN.
Paid vacation and sick days and holidays
Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care reimbursement
- Can build strong Interpersonal Relationships
- Displays an attitude of courtesy and respect for all prospective patients, families, staff and referral sources
- Functions as a team member with other staff in the performance of duties.
- Seeks and accepts feedback regarding the performance of job duties.
- Is aware of patient confidentiality and adheres to HIPPA regulations.
- Displays an understanding of vulnerable adult issues.
- Displays an understanding of hospice patients’ rights.
- Exhibits sound mature judgment.
- Patient Care Delivery
- Possesses strong problem solving skills with the ability to collect, compare, sort and prioritizeinformation to be used in the decision-making process for patients.
- Possesses the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform selected nursing procedures to the terminally ill and specific delegated techniques for patient care.
- Works with other disciplines and works as a good team member.
- Maintains and organizes a caseload and utilizes laptop computers for client documentation while completing charting as specified in policy.
- Monitors the nursing care provided by professional and ancillary nursing personnel. Assists the registered nurse with data collection in collaboration with the resident, family and/or significant others and the interdisciplinary health care team to meet patient specific plan of care.
- Adheres to Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice and Nurse Practice Act.
- Graduate of an accredited vocational school of nursing
- Holds a current Minnesota LPN license or current license deemed appropriate by the Minnesota Board of Nursing
- Previous experience in Long Term Care, Home Health, acute care nursing or Hospice is preferred
- Must be able to work in collaboration with others
- Requires good communication and human relation skills to interact with patient, families and staff
- CPR certification
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Current MN Driver’s License, insurance and daily access to reliable vehicle
- Computer literacy
To be considered for this position and learn more, please apply.